Want to use the data from a digitally scanned document or extract well-formatted tables from images you captured earlier? Well, JPG is a web-friendly format because of its small size, but sometimes you need to take the text from those images to a spreadsheet. To convert those images from JPG, PNG, TIFF, GIF to excel, you need to apply OCR on these images.
OCR refers to Optical Character Recognition. OCR tools allow users to recognise the characters on image-based files and convert JPG files to Excel files. This way, your computer can read all the characters and make them editable. Users can easily copy, paste and edit the text on image files. Numerous free online or paid offline OCR tools work on JPG to Excel conversion. But only a few of them work well. Here we are listing three topmost recommended JPG to excel online converters. The mentioned tools are free and super easy to use. We have also mentioned some pros and cons in this post to understand the mechanism better. So let's jump right in!
The 3 Topmost Online Free JPG To Excel Converters
While talking about the best online free tools to convert files, Online2pdf remains quite on top. It is a powerful file converter that allows users to convert PDFs and images through editing, compressing, unlocking, protecting, and merging the files. The fascinating aspect of using this tool is the high-quality conversion result. For example, if you pick a table and save it in JPG format, the Online2pdf tool will help you to recognise the table in its original formatting.
- Free and easy to use tool
- Offers good quality
- Allows to customise Excel output
- Export file in various formats
- Support native PDF
- Batch converter
- The tool only recognises six languages
- It gives poor quality work on complicated files
Here are the steps to convert JPG to Excel file with Online2pdf
- First of all, click "Select files" and add JPG files into the program.
- Choose the output result as Excel and select the file language in OCR options.
- You can also customise the excel output as needed.
- Click the "Convert" button to turn JPG to Excel format.
- Once the conversion finishes, the excel file will automatically get downloaded to your device.
2. Online OCR
The second most popular tool is Online OCR. It is an online free JPG to Excel converter with good formatting and accurate OCR results. The tool is super easy to use, and it recognises more than 40 languages in files. Here, you can preview the conversion results before even downloading the Excel file.
- High-quality results
- Easy and free to use
- Recognise 40+ file languages
- Preview results before downloading the output
- The output result needs manual adjustments while working on complex files.
- The tool cannot batch convert files
- It supports exporting to three formats only
- Max file size is 15MB
Here are the steps to Convert JPG to Excel file with Online OCR
- Click the "Select file" button to add JPG files to the program.
- Choose the given file language.
- Pick the output result as Excel.
- Click the "Convert" button to change the JPG file to an Excel file.
- Once the conversion finishes, you can download the Excel file.
3. Table Reader
Table reader is an excellent data analytic tool through which you can extract data from images (JPG, PNG, SVG, BMP, TIFF, HEIC) and convert it into an editable excel file. The tool has quite a user-friendly approach. The OCR tech feature is a specialty, and the tool can support more than 50 languages. You can convert your files quickly and efficiently with 90% accuracy. The accuracy level is worth mentioning; you can have a great deal and conduct your work easily with Table Reader.
- The tool gives accurate results quickly
- Easy to use features
- Supports efficient conversion
- Supports more than 50 languages
- Data Protection
- Free & No Installation
- Offer advanced technology support by email and phone
- Support specific image formats
- Files get deleted after conversion, so you need to save them yourself.
Here are steps to convert JPG to Excel with Table Reader
- Take a screenshot of the file which you are using for conversion.
- Now drag and drop that image. Or you can click "choose new files".
- Crop the image to point the table out.
- Click "Next" and wait for results.
- You need to rate the tool to get the downloaded file.
Here we have mentioned the best converter for Mac & Windows PC as well:
Best JPG to Excel File OCR Converter for Mac
Though there are good free tools available to export JPG as Excel files, many users still pay for paid offline JPG to Excel converter in the end. One reason for doing this is that free tools come up with the potential risk of unstable conversion quality and information leakage. Another reason is offline paid tools' high-quality and professional conversion results. For Mac users, Enolsoft "PDF Converter with OCR for Mac" is recommended. The tool is a professional OCR converter to export scanned files and images into multiple formats, including Excel, Word, Pages, Keynote, Text, PowerPoint, etc.
Features of Enolsoft PDF Converter with OCR
- The tool performs OCR on scanned files and images. The export file formats are PDF, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, ePub, etc.
- It recognises more than 200 languages
- Batch convert files
- Convert PDF to 16 formats
- Preserve the original file layout and formatting
- Support password-protected PDFs
- Convert full file or particular page range
- Allow adding a password to the output PDF file
Best JPG to Excel File OCR Converter for Windows PC
The best tool for windows is ABBYY FineReader. The powerful tool allows users to edit, convert, scan, and compare PDFs on Windows PC. It recognises hundreds of languages and brings highly accurate conversion results. ABBYY FineReader comes with a costly price tag because of its excellent features.
Features of ABBYY FineReader 14
- Compare PDF smartly
- Customise the settings
- Offers automate conversion
- Edit PDFs to search, review, comment, protect and fill the form
- Convert PDF, images, and scanned files to Excel, Word, and other formats
If you have installed Adobe Acrobat, you must have heard about Adobe. The Adobe Acrobat series is the creator of PDF file format and is the most feature-rich program to manage the image files. It works efficiently as JPG to Excel converter.
Steps to Convert JPG to Excel File with Adobe Acrobat
- Run Adobe Acrobat, go to Create PDF
- Once the JPG file is opened, go to Export PDF
- Choose output as Spreadsheet
Which one is the best for you?
So now, there is no need to retype the image files. Just utilise an OCR tool to perform image to excel conversion. This top 3 JPG to Excel online converter is based on extensive research. You can choose any tool, but Table Reader is the best according to our study! It gives better results from rest tools and boosts your productivity. You can experience a high-level interface on the website. The tool is easy to use, and your files never get encrypted.
When cybercrime is on the hike, you need to make sure your documents are safe online in today's world. Table Reader ensures guaranteed data protection, making safety and quality the priority. That's why YOU should definitely give it a try.